Terms and Conditions
These booking conditions set out the terms on which you contract with Living With The Lions Sports Travel Ltd (LWTL). ATOL 9864. ABTA Y6520. They describe your obligations to the company and the obligations of the company to you.
PLEASE NOTE: Travel insurance to cover your whole party is compulsory for all bookings made with LWTL and it is a condition of us accepting your booking that you have made adequate insurance provision to cover your party.
1. MAKING A BOOKING: Once you have decided on your tour plans you will need to sign a booking form and return this to us together with the appropriate deposit payment (as indicated on your quotation). The person signing the booking form will be treated as doing so on behalf of, and with the consent of, all the persons for whom the booking is made and is responsible for ensuring due payment of all monies (including any cancellation or amendment charges) in respect of this booking. All travel documentation and other information regarding the holiday will be sent to the person who has signed the booking form. Deposits are non-refundable, where possible deposit payments will be transferred to a replacement if a player is injured or unable to travel.
2. PAYMENT: A deposit per person must be paid at the time of booking. £150 per person for European Tours, £250 per person for Mid-haul destination and £300 per person for Long-haul destinations (amounts may vary depending on time of booking and airline used). An interim deposit payment of 50% of your tour balance may then be required 6 months prior to departure (depends on tour type) with the balance then due 10 weeks before the date of travel. Details of your payment terms and amounts due are listed in your quotation. If you book within 10 weeks of departure you must pay the full price at the time of booking. You may pay by cheque, bank transfer or by a credit/debit card to Living With The Lions Sports Travel Ltd. American Express cards are not accepted. If for any reason we do not receive the balance on the due date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and levy a cancellation charge as though there had been a cancellation in accordance with clause 5 of these Terms.
3. ON RECEIPT OF YOUR DEPOSIT: We will make the necessary reservation and your deposit is accepted as part payment of the agreed costs of the booking and credited to your account. A contract exists between us from the date we receive your deposit payment as we use this to act as security to make bookings on your behalf.
4. IF YOU CHANGE YOUR BOOKING: Changes can be made up to 10 weeks prior to your departure for a charge of £30 per change, subject to availability and any extra costs incurred. If you want to make any changes within 10 weeks of your departure date these may be treated as a cancellation of the original booking, and cancellation charges as detailed in clause 5 of these Terms may be imposed.
5. CANCELLING YOUR TOUR: A cancellation must be made in writing by the person who completed/signed the booking form. The cancellation will take effect from the day the written cancellation is received by the company. All payments up until that date, (deposit, interim and final balance) once made are non-refundable upon receipt, as are amounts owing if cancellation date is after a date set for either an interim or final balance, these amounts remain owing to LWTL.
6. IF WE CHANGE YOUR TOUR BEFORE YOUR DEPARTURE: We plan the arrangements for our tours many months in advance and occasionally we may have to make changes to confirmed arrangements. We are using the services of independent suppliers such as airlines, hotels and ground agents over whom we have no direct control. In most cases, if changes are necessary they will only be Minor. A MINOR change would be a change of airline, change of accommodation to another of the same standard, delay of less than 12 hours. We reserve the right to make changes at any time and should the change significantly alter the nature of the tour you have booked (major change), and the revised arrangements are not acceptable to you, we will refund all monies paid. In all cases, except where the major change arises due to FORCE MAJEURE we will offer an alternative or appropriate compensation or refund.
FORCE MAJEURE means any event which we could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Force Majeure covers events such as, but not limited to, technical or maintenance problems with transport, changes imposed by rescheduling or cancellation of flights by an airline or main charterer, the alteration of the airline or aircraft type war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, natural disaster, industrial dispute, disease, industrial or nuclear disaster, bad weather, fire, cancellation of sporting fixtures or a featured tournament and all similar events beyond our control. In the case of Force Majeure we will not accept liability & reserve the right to cancel or change bookings as necessary.
7. IF WE CANCEL YOUR BOOKING: We reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your holiday for any reason. For example, if the numbers in your tour party do not reach a level that would be economical for us to operate a tour. In this event we will return to you all monies you have paid, or offer you an alternative tour of comparable standard, although if the alternative offered is at additional cost, the difference will be payable by you. However we will not cancel your holiday within 56 days of departure unless it is for a reason outside of our control – Force Majeure.
8. MATCH FIXTURES AND CANCELLATION: We endeavour to ensure the suitability of all fixtures that we arrange for you and although we take every step to ensure last minute alterations do not happen, in a small number of cases this may happen. Unless a cancelled fixture is the only match on tour and has been cancelled for reasons other than force majeure, we cannot be held responsible and it will be considered a minor change. Should we be forced to change your itinerary due to the availability of suitable fixtures following a change of circumstances with our hosts, we reserve the right to make changes as we see necessary. Every sport event and its tickets are subject to their own terms and conditions. If a match ticket is included as part of your tour you agree to allow LWTL to deliver you this ticket with or without an additional travel package, even if LWTL is not an official agent of this event. Tickets may be delivered at the event for reasons of security. Tickets may not be re-sold or offered as a prize to a competition or incentive. Sports fans will appreciate that the cancellation or curtailment of a major sporting fixture is an extremely unusual occurrence but can occur at very short notice. The cancellation of a fixture, the non-appearance of a player or advertised tour celebrity, or other changes are entirely outside our control and we accept no responsibility to refund, pay compensation or otherwise for changes to your booking as a result of such cancellations or changes to a sporting event.
9. TOUR PRICE and SURCHARGES: During the decision period, we promise to hold quoted prices steady (as per our price guarantee) but until the tour itinerary and numbers are confirmed by way of a paid deposit, elements of the tour are naturally subject to change.
Once the tour is confirmed and the deposit is paid, we guarantee that the cost of your tour will not change, except in the following circumstances where surcharges may apply or vary; transportation costs, (including the cost of fuel), government action, airport charges including dues, taxes for fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes, or embarkation or disembarkations fees at ports and airports, and increases in scheduled airfares.
In the event of a surcharge being levied, a surcharge invoice will be sent out detailing the charges due. In such cases, we will absorb an amount equivalent to 2% of the holiday price at the time of booking, which excludes any amendment charges referred to in clause 4 of these Terms. Only amounts in excess of this 2% will be surcharged, but where a surcharge is more than 10% of the holiday price, you will be entitled to cancel your holiday with a refund of all monies paid, less any modification charges. Should you decide to cancel because of this, you must exercise your right to do so in writing within fourteen days of the date printed on the surcharge invoice.
No price increase may be passed onto you within 30 days prior to the departure date stipulated.
We promise to manage all foreign exchange risk on your behalf and ensure that we have allowed for any increases due to inflation in our calculations.
Only in the case of very long dated tours (18 months in the future or more) might it be necessary to have a re-pricing point but the timing and nature of this would be pre-agreed by both parties at the original time of booking, for example, to coincide with the time when your flights come into range, which is usually 11 months before departure.
Please note that your tour cost is based on the numbers travelling in the group when the booking is made. If numbers subsequently increase/decrease your tour price will be recalculated based on the revised numbers & the new price will be based on the prices that apply on the day the change is notified to us.
10. TRANSFERRING OF BOOKINGS: If you are unable to travel, in certain circumstances which we consider reasonable (In our absolute discretion), we may allow you to transfer your booking to another party. However, the arrangements must remain EXACTLY the same, and will only be allowed if all suppliers agree to the change and are prepared to accept the transfer. In cases where a transfer is allowed, an administration charge of £75 per person outside 70 days of departure, and £125 per person inside 70 days of departure, will be made plus any charges that may be levied by our suppliers.
11. INSURANCE: As a condition of booking you are required to take out adequate travel insurance for yourself and those for whom you are booking. We require you to complete and sign our insurance indemnity form confirming that you have your own insurance policy. It is important that you take out insurance as soon as you have made your booking with us and paid a deposit so that you have protection in place in the event of any unexpected cancellations. You must ensure that your travel insurance is adequate for the activities you will be taking part in, including any sporting fixtures and excursions, and where applicable any ‘high risk’ activities such as white water rafting etc that you might be doing. If you do not have your own travel insurance in place, we can ask our preferred insurance company to contact you and offer you a comprehensive policy.
12. BEHAVIOUR: If, in the opinion of our company representative/escort/tour manager, your behaviour or the behaviour of anyone in your touring party is such that it is likely to cause distress, damage, danger or annoyance to our customers, employees, property or to any third party, we reserve the right to terminate all arrangements immediately without refund.
13. BILLETS: We have limited control over the organisation of your billeted accommodation and work through our appointed ground agents to provide you with this service. We always endeavour to work with clubs/schools that have provided this service previously and all efforts are made to match players up with suitable hosts. It is your responsibility to notify us if you feel the billeting offered is unsatisfactory.
Once written confirmation of billets and fixtures have been obtained by our local agent in writing, LWTL or our agent will not be held financially responsible for the any withdrawal or alteration to the offer. Should a billet offer be withdrawn by the host, LWTL will endeavor to provide you with alternative accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis which would be at cost to you. LWTL can give an indication of possible additional costs on request at any time, and should the need arise to provide you with alternative accommodation, then we will endeavor to ensure that this is at the least possible expense to you.
14. FLIGHTS: Our flights and airlines may not be allocated on booking (this is the case for bookings made 11 months prior to travel where flights are not released for sale by the airlines). Your package includes return international flights with an international airline of our choosing, and domestic flights by domestic carriers or charter flight companies. The flight timings, if given in our literature are correct at the time of publication but are subject to alteration by the various foreign and UK airport scheduling committees for operational reasons. Planned flight times/ flight numbers and aircraft types will be given in the documentation is for guidance only. Please check your flight tickets as soon as you receive them, they will show the final timings for your flights. Flights, once allocated to you and your party, are non-changeable and non-refundable. Any requests to make any changes to the flights, routing or any other changes will be subject to change fees and any charges applied by the airline at the time.
When bookings are taken in advance of flights being in range we will allocate flights to groups and individuals as is required for the purposes of running the tour efficiently and economically.
15. YOUR FINANCIAL PROTECTION: The Package Travel, The Package Holiday and Package Tours Regulations 2018 require us to protect monies that you pay to us for your package holiday, including ensuring your repatriation in the event of our insolvency.
When you buy an ATOL protected flight, flight inclusive package (including Flight plus) from Living with the Lions Sports Travel Ltd ATOL 9864, you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your card issuer where applicable).
If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
Where your holiday package does not have a flight element, your travel package will be protected by means of a bond held by ABTA. Our ABTA Membership number is Y6520.
16. DEALING WITH COMPLAINTS: In the unlikely event of there being something not to your liking whilst you are on tour, you must tell your LWTL representative or our appointed agent (preferably in writing) immediately who will try to solve the problem there and then. Unless there is a valid reason why your complaint is not reported in this manner, we will not consider ourselves liable in respect of those complaints. If the problem cannot be resolved in resort, you must send us a written complaint to reach us within 28 days of the end of your tour in order that we can investigate fully. We will not accept liability for any claims received outside this period. We certainly hope that we can settle any complaints amicably, and should we be unable to, then you may we may wish to consult with ABTA’s complaint scheme for the resolution of disputes.
17. OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO YOU: We will accept liability for matters that arise as a direct result of our negligence and/or breach of our contractual duty to exercise care in making arrangements for you, including any acts/or omissions by our employees or by third party service providers engaged by us and acting within the proper course of their employment. Operational decisions may be taken by air carriers and airports resulting in delays, diversions or rescheduling. Living With The Lions Sports Ltd has no control over such decisions, and is therefore unable to accept responsibility for them.
18. JURISDICTION: Your contract is governed by English law and each party shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Please note that if any part of these booking conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable, then the remainder of these booking conditions will not be affected but will remain valid and enforceable.
19. PASSPORTS & VISAS: It is your responsibility to check specific passport & visa requirements as well as other immigration requirements for travel overseas and you should check these with the relevant embassy. We do not accept any responsibility if you are unable to travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements.
20. VACCINATIONS: It is your responsibility to check with your doctor if any vaccinations are required to travel to your destination. Please note that the cost of any immunisation treatment is not included in the cost of your holiday unless otherwise stated. The person signing the booking form is responsible for passing on any health requirements to his/her party at the time of booking. See Clause 23.
21. DATA PROTECTION: In order to book your tour, we are required to pass on certain information such as your name, passport details, address, dietary requirements to suppliers of your travel arrangements such as hotels, airlines and transport companies. We apply appropriate security measures to protect your data. We will only pass sensitive data to people responsible for your travel arrangements who have a lawful right to it and require it in order to fulfil your tour arrangements.
22. LIMITATIONS OF OUR LIABILITY: Our liability to you for any loss or damage which you may suffer is limited to three times the price of your tour, except where you have suffered personal injury resulting from the non-performance or improper performance of the services involved in the tour.
23. COVID-19: LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: We both acknowledge the ongoing COVID-19 global crisis and accept our obligations to comply with any official guidance from governments or local authorities, both in the UK and whilst on holiday.
Please note that we will have no liability for any refunds, compensation, costs, expenses or other losses of any kind incurred by you (including, where applicable, the cost of medical treatment), in the following circumstances:
-If you, or anyone in your booking party, test positive for Covid-19 and have to quarantine for a period of time, or are notified or otherwise become aware that you have, or suspect you may have, come into close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 (or where they otherwise suspect they may have Covid-19) and have to self-isolate for a period of time. If this happens within 14 days of your departure date, you must contact us as you may no longer be able to travel. We will offer you the following options where possible and subject to availability:
- Postponing your holiday to a later date. We will notify you of any impact on the price the postponement may have (please note that you may have to pay full cancellation charges on some elements of your holiday, such as the flight, as well any increase in cost imposed by other suppliers);
- If not everyone on the booking is affected, you will have the right to transfer your place on the holiday to another person nominated by you subject to availability and any associated costs
- Cancelling your holiday, in which case we will impose our standard cancellation charges as at the date of cancellation by you. You may be able to claim these costs back from your travel insurance.
- If this happens whilst you are on your holiday, please notify us without delay and we will provide such reasonable assistance as we can in the circumstances. However, we will not be responsible for covering the cost of any curtailment of your holiday, missed transport arrangements, additional accommodation required, or other associated costs incurred by you. You must ensure you have travel insurance which covers these costs for you.
- You fail any tests, checks or other measures imposed by a supplier, airline, port or airport, border control authority or other government body or local authority or fail to submit for testing or assessment when requested to do so, and as such you are denied entry to board the flight, entry to the destination, access to the services or you are otherwise unable to proceed with the holiday, or that portion of the holiday.
You also acknowledge that the suppliers providing your holiday, including airlines, hotels and excursion providers, will need to comply with national and/or local guidance and requirements relating to Covid-19, and have implemented certain measures as a result. This will likely include specific requirements regarding personal protective equipment, such as use of face-masks by staff (and you may be required to wear a face-mask as well), social distancing, maximum number restrictions on the use of certain facilities, designated alternative entrance and exit routes, mandatory hand sanitisation, limited entertainment options and limited food/drink availability. We do not expect these measures to have a significant impact on your enjoyment of the holiday and all measures will be taken with the purpose of securing your safety and those around you.
WHY BOOK WITH LWTL
Once agreed, prices are guaranteed and we eliminate all exchange rate risk. Only airline prices (over 12 months away) or taxes may vary.
You can relax in the knowledge that your tour is in the hands of experienced staff who meticulously ensure that all elements of the tour run smoothly. Safety checks are carried out on all suppliers and assistance given with risk assessment.
Living With The Lions Sports Travel is fully ATOL bonded ensuring that all our air holiday packages are protected by the Civil Aviation Authority. ATOL protects you from losing your money or being stranded abroad.
We spend a great deal of time and effort selecting good quality suppliers to ensure your tour surpasses expectation. We do not cut corners and work closely with our ground agents all over the world to ensure that you are fully supported at all stages of the tour.
Your own Living With The Lions contact handles all aspects of your tour – initial meetings, quotations, presentations, operations and on-tour support. As a small team we can make quick decisions and pride ourselves on providing a fast & personalised response any queries you may have. We are willing to do things differently if you prefer and are happy to consider any new ideas.
Each of our team members has gained valuable experience at respected companies. Joanna at Gullivers for 8 years, Carrie with Bundu Bashers in South Africa for 10 years and then Edwin Doran for 3 yrs and John has been organising music tours overseas for the last 22 years. As a keen sportsman himself, our MD Patrick Arnold is actively involved in the schools department and loves to get involved at all levels of organisation and implementation.
Over the years we have built up long lasting relationships with our hosts and ground agents overseas. Their ability to arrange access to top class venues and meet ex-internationals, arrange competitive fixtures, organise musical concerts and provide the all-important local knowledge, makes them invaluable to the touring process. Their support, when faced with the unexpected, also gives you peace of mind knowing that you will be well looked after throughout the tour.
With each tour that we create, new ideas and experiences are added. We can include anything you like – from a basic weekend away through to elephant polo in front of the Taj Mahal. The service you receive from Living With The Lions is bespoke and tailored to your team. You chose your own tour merchandise, sightseeing experiences, music repertoire and standard of opponent. We ensure it all gels together and that every detail has been thought through.
GOT A QUESTION?
Do not hesitate to give us a call. Our expert team are happy to assist you.